JOIN OUR TEAM
Office and Events Assistant
CanRevive Cancer Support Service is a public benevolent institution, established in 1995 at Haymarket Sydney, by two cancer survivors and one carer to support Chinese speaking people through their cancer journey. Its aim is to help to minimize the impact of cancer on patients and their families by providing information and emotional support to cater for their cultural and linguistic needs.
As CanRevive is expanding its services across the Central & Inner Western Sydney, Southern Sydney, South-Western Sydney and Northern Sydney regions, we are looking for one self-motivated team player to join us at the Sydney City Head Office, as an Office and Events Assistant on a full time basis 5 days per week as follow:
Monday to Friday 9:00 to 16:30
*Please note that some weekend works maybe required throughout the year.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria and attached this with your CV (including the names and telephone numbers of two work related referees) as part of the application process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English
- Competent keyboard/computing skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Chinese computer typing or handwriting skill. Knowledge of other desktop publishing software such as Adobe Illustrator and web plus social media platform content management skill are desirable. Knowledge of any database management system is also desirable
- Competent administrative skills with an eye for detail and ability to follow through on delegated office support tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision. Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to be people-oriented and communicate effectively with all levels of the public, both in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Sensitivity to circumstances in dealing with people who are suffering from cancer and their families or carers.
- Excellent initiative and personal skills to work co-operatively within a team environment
- Experience in a service driven organisation, in an administrative capacity
- Experience in events organisation and liaise with various stakeholders
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description on CanRevive website.
Salary: $25 per hour plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading. As an employee working in the Not-for- Profit (NFP) sector, you also have access to generous NFP tax concessions (specifically, a salary packaging scheme offering up to $15,900 of your salary tax free each FBT year)
Appointment Type: Full Time (35 hours per week worked over 5 working days). The role is a 12-monthly renewable contract.
Enquiries: Contact Victor Yeung – firstname.lastname@example.org
To Lodge An Application: Email your application to CanRevive Inc. – email@example.com or mail your application to CanRevive Inc. – Level 4, 741 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Applications Close: Wednesday 19 July 2017 at 11.55pm AEST
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this job.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot always respond to every applicant. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of applying then you can assume that on this occasion your experience was unfortunately not an exact match for the position, but please do not hesitate to apply again in the future!
Please Note: The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal History Check.